About thermal transfers
Thermal transfers or heat transfers can be an alternative to traditional screen printing. There are two general types of transfers used at AT:
- Digital printed, CAD-cut transfers (for full color or multi-color designs)
- Solid-color, CAD-cut transfers (includes 3M Scotchlite Reflective material)
We commonly use transfers in the following situations:
- High number of colors in a design, but low quantity of items needed.
- Difficult item to decorate, for example a waterproof jacket.
- Projects where reorders are frequent, but in small quantities.
- Where a full color or photographic image is desired, but cost to screen print would be too high.
Transfers, like screenprint & embroidery have their limitations. The main limitation is the minimum size a design can be cut from various transfer materials. Some fabric materials will not accept transfers, but most will and we have specific materials for specific applications.
>>Contact Us for more information!