Custom T-shirts & logowear –
Coeur d’Alene / Hayden, Idaho
Atomic Threads maintains a facility capable of producing the highest quality custom embroidery & screen printing in the Coeur d’Alene / Hayden, Idaho area and the surrounding region. Our focus is on providing our clients the highest quality decorated goods possible, with the hope of meeting and exceeding expectations. We take pride in our work, love what we do and have built our reputation on the level of quality & service we provide.
We produce corporate logowear, duty uniforms, school uniforms, promotional items and shirts for events such as triathlons, marathons, fundraisers and family reunions– With few limitations, if you want something printed on a shirt, we can do it! We specialize in firefighter, EMT and law enforcement logowear as well. We have years of embroidery experience with specialty fabrics and upholstery, among other unique and challenging custom projects. If you’d like your project to be handled exceptionally well, we’re your shop.
Interested in having custom printing done? Have a custom project in mind that you’ve always wanted? Contact us and we’ll create a project proposal for you. Our talented and experienced staff are looking forward to meeting you!
Basic Info about decorated apparel projects:
We use three basic applications for decorating apparel items–
• Screen printing
• Thermal transfers.
Depending on the item and the desired “look”, we’ll use certain applications for different types of items, and sometimes we’ll use more than one application on the same item. Here’s a quick breakdown of what types of items usually get what decoration:
• Hats/caps, all types– Structured caps, unstructured caps, Flexfit hats, adjustable hats, visors, knit caps AKA beanies AKA stocking caps, bucket hats, Fidel caps, mesh back AKA trucker hats, snapback caps and plenty more
• Outerwear– Work jackets, soft shell jackets, thermal sweats, rain jackets, packable jackets, vests, parkas, system jackets AKA 3-in-1 jackets, leather coats, poly fleece jackets, denim coats, corporate outerwear, insulated jackets, warm-ups, suede & wool jackets
• Polo shirts/knit shirts– golf shirts, corporate polos, specialty knit items, sweaters, fashion knits, mock necks and turtlenecks
• Dress shirts/woven shirts– Oxford shirts, Pinpoint shirts, camp shirts, denim shirts, twill shirts, easy care shirts, stain-release work shirts, industrial work shirts, cotton/poly blend dress shirts, fishing shirts, plaid shirts, flannel shirts
• Bags & packs– Briefcases, backpacks, duffel bags, travel bags, gold bags, coolers & lunch bags, cinch packs, tote bags, grocery totes, specialty bags, iPad cases, rolling bags, sports bags, tactical bags, outdoor packs
• Accessories– Blankets, robes, towels, hand towels, gold towels, aprons, scarves, gloves, socks
• Other– Upholstery, carpet, outdoor fabrics, leather, quilt fabric and other specialty materials
Occassionally we will embroider sweatshirts and even T-shirts, depending on the desired look and end result.
• T-shirts– Cotton tees, polyester “tech” tees AKA dry-fit tees, performance tees, 50/50 T-shirts, triblend T-shirts, youth T-shirts, infant onesies
• Sweatshirts– Hoodie sweats, crewneck sweats, full-zip sweatshirts, 50/50 blend sweats, 100% poly performance sweats, heavyweight (12 oz+) fleece, 100% cotton lighweight fleece, sweatpants
• Activewear– Tank tops, athletic jerseys, football jerseys, hockey jerseys, reversible basketball jerseys, raglan baseball jerseys, cotton shorts, mesh shorts, cheer shorts
• Other– towels, hand towels, golf towels, safety vests, reflective safety shirts, mesh material and other specialty materials
Occassionally we will screen print polo shirts, dress shirts, outerwear and other items depending on the desired look and end result.
We use transfers selectively, for specific situations where screen printing is either not possible or would be too expensive. We can heat press practically any item, with some limitations. Most logos can be created with transfers too, with some limitations there also. The main reason we prefer screen print over thermal transfers is longevity– A screen print will last the life of the garment, where the digital print of a transfer will begin to fade after prolonged washing. The best uses of thermal transfers are:
• Difficult substrates– Items with double layers, unusual fabric materials, nylon materials, spandex items, tri suits, swimwear, items which are not heat-resistant, items with reflective Scotchlite material, oddly shaped items which cannot be screen printed
• Special look required– There are lots of specialty transfer materials which we have available, such as Scotchlite, metallic, prism, patterned, hologram and glow in the dark just to name a few.
• Short quantity runs– Sometimes designs require lots of colors to be printed. Our full-color digital printed, CAD-cut transfers are available in quantities as low as 1 piece.